Sign Installation and Maintenance Basics
- May 21, 2012 (2:00 - 4:00 pm Central Time) – video conference
The course will cover common concepts of permanent sign installations with appropriate supporting information from the 2009 MUTCD. Attendees would learn the following items:
- Definition of Roadway Types
- Freeway, Expressway, Conventional
- Definition of roadway components
- Definition of clear zone
- Signing Standards
- Sign offsets
- Breakaway Base Stds. (NCHRP 350)
- MUTCD allowed sign colors
- Overview of lettering size guidelines
- Roadway Type, Speed Limit, etc.
- MUTCD table of Minimum Sheeting types
- Sign Maintenance Concepts
- Concepts of Vegetation/Tree Control
- Sign Supports and bases and bolts
- Dynamic Speed Display Sign Concepts
Ken Kadrmas retired from NDDOT in 2011. During his 25 years with NDDOT he served in numerous central offices, field and lab positions including 7 years with NDDOT district maintenance which included 2 years with a district sign shop. He finished his career with NDDOT serving 9 years as Senior Transportation Manager of the Maintenance Division Signing Section.
DOT, county, and township general maintenance staff, sign maintenance staff, etc.
The above resource and more can be accessed by visiting the TLN Learning Management System (LMS).